top of page

City of Richmond Seeking Residents for Boards, Committees

(RICHMOND) – Richmond’s City Commission is currently seeking City of Richmond residents to serve on one of the nine boards, commissions or committees.

These include:

  • Richmond Historical Commission

  • Building and Standards Commission

  • Planning and Zoning Commission

  • Zoning Board of Adjustment

  • Parks and Recreation Board

  • Development Corporation of Richmond

  • Board of Ethics and Compliance

  • Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals

  • Electrical Board of Adjustment and Appeals

The applicant must be a resident of the City of Richmond and registered voter. Each board may include one member residing in the Extraterritorial Jurisdiction.

You can apply by visiting and selecting the Boards and Commission Application Packet. The application can be emailed to the City Secretary, Sha Gillespie, at, or dropped off at City Hall, 402 Morton Street, Richmond.


bottom of page